- Providing Medicare for All.
- Supporting and funding our community’s senior centers to provide resources that improve seniors’ health, sense of safety and life satisfaction.
- Passing the New York Health Act and also work locally to expand NYC Care so that every person in the five boroughs can get comprehensive health care at affordable rates before we reach Medicare for All.
- Providing free access to reproductive health services like sex education, abortion, and contraception.
- Ensuring city agencies are language accessible, all public agency documents should be in straightforward language and provide translation aid. Extending such requirements for work contracts, mortgage agreements, medicine leaflets, utility bills etc.
- Providing services to veterans for re-entry into the workforce, end veteran homelessness and providing the highest quality health and mental health services.
- Ensuring community clinics, hospitals, and medical services are well-funded and geared towards community needs. This includes fighting medical redlining and addressing the use and treatment of drugs with a model of community care.
Here are some legislative advancements we have made to fulfill our platform:
Resolution 0236: A resolution calling on the NY state government to establish an automatic enrollment program for eligible seniors into SCRIE.
Cosponsored 0322: Requires the installation of protective equipment in homes of senior citizens or people with disabilities with no cost.
Cosponsored 0255: Requires the Department of Finance to create an online system that allows eligible tenants to apply to and renew benefits from SCRIE and DRIE. Also requires the Department of Finance to conduct outreach efforts for any notice issued to tenants related to these programs.
Cosponsored 0100: Creates exemptions or partial exemptions for senior citizens or certain people with disabilities who fail to clear snow or ice from their sidewalks, crosswalks, etc from being penalized.